The Dinosaur & You

19 April 2018 – Let’s suppose.

Let’s just suppose that you suddenly discover a dinosaur has taken up residence in your front yard.

Stay calm. Show him who’s boss.

Make him mow the grass.

(You will not — of course not! — be fooled by pathetic attempts at disguise. He is not Santa Claus, taking a well-deserved, off-season break. Or, for that matter, a garden gnome with Santa tied to his leg. He’s just a great big pre-historic mooch artist.)

Previous Post

1. DJ

/  19 April 2018

I want the dino to come and mow my yard. It only takes 2.5 minutes, and then s/he can have the rest of the day off.

2. I wish I had grass instead of snow right now and then I might entertain a grass cutting dino. 😦

• but now you do, I think — finally some warm weather for T.O., and well deserved

• Yes! I went for a long walk along the boardwalk with a friend and you actually came up in conversation. I was remembering when you signed your book about walking the lakeshore for my mother. We also talked about AGO, another connection! You have broadened my horizons and continue to do so with your lovely posts!

• Oh Rio … thank you so much.

3. Mary C

/  21 April 2018

Cute!

4. Tom

/  21 April 2018

Well, he’s not doing a very good job of mowing the grass!

5. Hopefully the dino is made of metal and not paper mâché…..!

6. Now there’s a sight we’ve yet to see on our travels! Lucky you!

7. Eh?
    There’s random and then there’s dinosaurs on the lawn! 😀